Tuesday, October 16, 2012

is anyone still reading?

It was much easier to blog when I was in college... now I have a hard time finding any time. And I make dinner using a crock-pot, I go to bed at 10:30... I don't even know who I am anymore!

Life this fall has been, well.... maybe one of the best Fall's I have had in a while. Fall tends to be a dark time/season for me. Birthdays and anniversaries and things can be a hard reminder especially as we enter into winter where our time with the Sun significantly decreases. I remember Sophomore year of college being especially difficult and I remember how good my dear friend Dem was to me during that season. But this fall, it's been different. I have experienced community in my townhouse that is a sweet reminder of what we were created to live in. Community. To share life, the hard, sucky parts where you cry and say "I don't know why I'm crying" but really no one cares and even encourages your crying. And then when you celebrate birthdays and National games and victories in YL with high school students you've been praying for over and over. It just has changed my feeling about living here! And I have Josh, who just loves me. I get to be ME. The me that the Lord created me to be and there is no thing sweeter than feeling like myself. Not too mention weddings, coffee, lots of time with my fellow Loudoun YL Staff, Charlottesville, best friend double dates, hot yoga etc...

 Kara & Will's Wedding!

 Leaders at Tacky Homecoming YL Club
Best friend. 

I am doing better at my goal of being thankful and less complaining. At least I think I am, so that's good. I am still trying to find things up here separate from work that bring me life and trying to make sure I make time to do those things!

And because I like quotes and I'm still learning about worrying...

“Worrying is carrying tomorrow's load with today's strength- carrying two days at once. It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time. Worrying doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.” - Corrie Ten Boom

"Worry implies that we don't quite trust that God is big enough, powerful enough, or loving enough to take care of what's happening in our lives." -Francis Chan 

con.vic.ting.

2 comments: