Thursday, February 13, 2014

#divacation

It's been a while since I've been on the blog. I also think of things I want to write, but alas I never get around to it. But today is a snow day... I think 15 inches of snow outside so life is slow today and I have time to blog. So thankful this snow did not come last weekend, because I was on Divacation. My roommates and I from JMU got together for a reunion weekend at a beautiful house on the water in MD and since we call ourselves the "divas" we decided to name our weekend Divacation.

It was the best! To be with people who know you so deeply is such a gift. You don't have to get know each other or explain yourself. You can wear no makeup, and sing loudly, and be loved just the same. It's hard to believe it has been almost 3 years since we all lived together in that old, small, cold house called Graffiti. Kels drove from Ohio and Kel flew in from California... we all make it a priority to stay friends. Can't wait for October when we are all together again to celebrate the newest Divo when he marries our Nicole!

Other than that, life has been pretty normal. With all of the crazy weather there has been little rhythm in my life. Every week looks different because things are always cancelled. Soon though we head to Miami to celebrate a wedding with a dear friend and I can't wait for the sunshine. I love finding joy in the everyday but it makes life fun to have things to look forward to on the weekends.

Stay warm wherever you may be. Xoxo
 Divas
 Move back to the east coast, Kel...


And a shameless selfie of my new haircut... needed something new!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you and your roommates are still close! Just stumbled back to your blog, I still have a bookmark folder from our cyber psychology class with everyone's blogs marked :) You're married (congratulations, by the way!), Rachel is having a baby, there's so much to catch up on!
    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete