Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Risk

I've learning something I've learned before. That seems to happen a lot. I'm learning about risk, and my desire to not fail or appear not perfect. Gosh, how badly I want to appear to be perfect, without flaw or weakness. But that is just not me- it is not any of us. In fact, when I am weak, Jesus is that much stronger. I must cling to that. I want to be broken of the desire to be perfect. I want to risk. I want to be raw and feel. I want to be real. I want to be free to fail. I feel broken, but believe God can make us whole. 

"The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, and is nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he cannot learn, feel, change, grown, love, live. Chained by his attitudes, he is a slave, he forfeited his freedom. Only the person who risks can be free." -Author Unknown

1 comment:

  1. I like this post Margaret. Perfection is unattainable so why try to attain it. Holiness is another matter. I think its a combination of a gift and something to work toward.

    ReplyDelete