Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012, you've been good.

I love New Years Eve. I don't think I used to but as I remove the expectation and pressure and enter in to the new beginning I appreciate it. There is something about new beginnings, fresh starts, clean slates, looking forward. Not moving on and forgetting things, but moving forward in excitement. This year I have grown. I have realized that I really am no longer in college. I'm doing life as an adult... I have learned that I can be paralyzed by making decisions. A goal of mine this year is to not let myself be paralyzed. To be free. To risk. To be radical and bold and free. To be all in to what matters most.

This year I got to...

-spend a month at Rockbridge on a YL assignment
-really invest in things and people here in Loudoun County
-move in with 3 great roommates
-celebrate with friends at YL All Staff Conference
-spend another wonderful week at Sunset Beach
-Coach JV lacrosse at Freedom
-watch friends commit their lives together at weddings
-saw so many of my favorite bands live (Avett, Needtobreathe, Drew & Ellie Holcomb)
-say YES to my most favorite person in the world!!!








The year I get married and continue growing my roots of who I am in Jesus. Can't wait, 2013-I'm ready for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment