Thursday, January 3, 2013

I'm not alone...

I often ask myself what I am doing with my life. Is this what I want to be doing, where I want to be? Is this what I dreamed for myself? And most of the time I want God to just yell at me and say YES or NO and then I can move forward accordingly. And I really think I expected God to do that. And then I was reading in Acts this morning and realized something pretty profound for me... God has been the same, yesterday, today and will be forever. He is the same God that Paul served so long ago, or Abraham even farther back in the past. He is the same God who doesn't really give answers in detail about what the future might look like. He lets us trust Him to build our faith. In Acts, Paul says,

"And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, NOT KNOWING what will happen to me there. I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the good news of God's grace." Acts 20:22-24

We won't know. Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I can't believe I get to marry you. God is good in the positive and negative things. Today I got a letter from you telling me that I was your best friend and that you felt lucky to be with me. I'm so in love with you. How sweet it is for me to have faith that it is the Lord who has ordained our relationship and will sustain as we lean fully on him.

    Love you,

    Josh Barefoot

    ReplyDelete