Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Freedom

This week I got to travel to St. Augustine with a lot of my friends on YL Staff and take a graduate level Seminary class. My professor was from Bethel seminary in San Diego, and he was wonderful. He shared so much information with us, and I feel richer for it. I'm looking forward to sifting through my notes in the coming weeks. Our professor did a devotional on Luke 15 last week on the parable of the Prodigal Son. I also started reading Tim Kellers "The Prodigal God" and have been reminded of the joy in being found. I was re-reading in my journal and wrote this down during the devotional.

"What we think we want is freedom. But freedom is like going to college and realizing that when you're away from your parents (God) you're eating Top Ramen because freedom on our own, away from the way it was designed, really isn't freedom or life at all."

May you be drawn back into the Father's embrace that while we were a long way off, He came running. And rest in the truth that being found is full of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment