Friday, November 12, 2010

fall-y things


all things fall that i love: {have you learned yet that i like lists?}

clear skies

pumpkin candles

being able to eat lunch outside

running and not being hot

the anticipation for thanksgiving and a week off

weather that is appropriate for drinking both hot and iced coffee

sun

the smell

pie


anyone that knows me will tell you that i basically hate the winter. really, i can make it through december and christmas. christmas has always been "cold" to me... that's just how i grew up. but come january- i'm done. no more winter, no more snow, no more cloudy skies. BUT, this year im gonna try and be different. im going to try and not complain about being cold, and hating winter and wanting spring. im really trying to embrace the whole seasons things. seasons in our lives... it's s true. we go through them and i think that's good. if it was always the same what would i learn? i'm trying to embrace this winter as a new season coming both in weather and life. we'll see.... :)

for now- enjoy this picture from last winter in VA. epic.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on your feelings about winter....I hate winter and snow with a passion. Maybe I'll follow in your footsteps and try to be more positive about it rather than acting like a scrooge about the cold weather! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! But I'm trying to cherish my last winter in Harrisonburg, at JMU, with these friends so let's all make the most of it!

    ReplyDelete